Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thank God?


I was spending some time read, journaling, praying, resting today. In the midst of an amazing, convicting study about the Moses and Israeli  wandering the in the desert God brought what felt like a very random verse to mind.

Philipians 1:3 
I thank my God every time I remember you.

Quickly after this verse drifted through my head a couple of names followed. Names of people I am sad to say I do not thank God for. Names of people who tend to leave me rolling my eyes, muttering under my breath, or fighting with annoyance when I deal with them.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God brings people into our lives for a reason. I may not always like that fact. O.K. I may RARELY like that fact, but it is a fact. I wonder how my attitude toward the difficult people in my life would change if rather than huffing and puffing I took time to thank God for them every time I thought of them. I bet my attitude toward them would be a little different after a while.


1 comment:

  1. And I want to be someone who others thank God for :)

    ReplyDelete